- December 06, 2019 – Amendment of Annex VIII to Regulation 1272/2008 (UFI and PCN start date)
The European Commission has published the delegated regulation amending the CLP regulation (1272/2008), which postpones the start date for the fulfillment of the reporting obligation (UFI and PCN) to poison information centres from January 1, 2020 to January 1, 2021.
- November 27, 2019 – Amendment of the Cosmetic Regulation
The legislator has changed Annexes II, III and V of the EU Cosmetics Regulation.
In order to uniformly implement the ban on CMR substances in the internal market, other official CMR substances have been included in the list of prohibited substances in Annex II to Regulation (EC) No. 1223/2009.
Salicylic acid can no longer be used in shampoos for children under 3 years of age. The warning “Do not use for children under 3 years” will in future be mandatory for all products that could possibly be used for children under 3 years (not only products that remain in contact with the skin for a long time).
You can read the full text of the law here:
COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) 2019/1966 of 27 November 2019 amending and correcting Annexes II, III and V to Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council on cosmetic products
- November 06, 2019 – Hydroxyethoxyphenyl Butanone: Amendment to Annex V of the Cosmetics Regulation Appendix V of the Cosmetics Regulation has been adjusted.
Hydroxyethoxy phenyl butanone (CAS No. 569646-79-3) is now approved up to 0.7% as a preservative.
You can read this here:
COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) 2019/1858 of 6 November 2019 amending Annex V to Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009
- November 06, 2019 – Titanium Dioxide (nano): Amendment to Annex VI of the Cosmetics Regulation
Appendix VI of the Cosmetics Regulation has been changed.
New coatings for Titanium Dioxide (nano) have been added. The following combinations of coatings may also be used in the future:
Silica (<16%) / cetyl phosphate (<6%)
Alumina (<7%) / Manganese Dioxide (<0.7%) (not to be used in lip agents)
Alumina (<3%) / triethoxycaprylyl silane (<9%)
You can read this here:
COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) 2019/1857 of 6 November 2019 amending Annex VI to Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009
- June 13, 2019 – The ECHA portal for reporting to poison control centers is online.
ECHA set up a portal for the European notification of dangerous mixtures, which is known as the PCN portal (Poison Center Notification Portal). This portal is available for the industry to process notifications and for certain bodies in the Member States to receive these notifications.
The currently available portal version is not yet fully functional. One of the reasons for this is that no member state is currently connected to this portal and therefore cannot accept notifications via this portal.
- May 8, 2019 – On May 8, a decision was published establishing a glossary of the common names of ingredients for use in the labeling of cosmetic products (DECISION (EU) 2019/701).
This glossary replaces Decision 96/335 / EC and its last update in 2006/257 / EC.
The common name for ingredients listed in the glossary must be used by 8 May 2020 at the latest for the labeling of cosmetic products placed on the market.
We are in the process of updating our database with this new information so that we can continue to provide you with the current INCI names in the future.
- March 27, 2019 – Legislators have closed the gap, the 12th ATP has been published.
Commission Regulation (EU) 2019/521 of 27 March 2019 amending Regulation (EC) No. 1272/2008 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the classification, labeling and packaging of substances and mixtures in order to adapt them to technical and scientific Progress.
- March 23, 2019 – The three substances Lyral, Atranol and Chloratranol have been banned in Cosmetics by the amending regulation (EG) 2017/1410.
The statutory transition period ends in August. From August 23, 2019, products containing one or more of these substances may no longer be placed on the Union market.
Please make sure to change your formulations in good time and update your documents so that your products remain legally compliant.
- January 15, 2019 – ECHA has added six new substances to its list of candidates for its carcinogenic, reproductive, persistent, bioaccumulating and toxic (PBT) and very persistent and very bioaccumulating (vPvB) properties.
- December 1, 2018 – The 10th ATP amends Annex VI of the CLP-Regulation, inter alia. Table 3, which contains the list of harmonized classifications and labeling of dangerous substances.
- November 26, 2018 – Annex V of the Cosmetics Regulation has been adjusted. The maximum concentration and warnings for o-phenylphenol (the salts are no longer allowed as preservatives) have been adjusted.
- October 25,2018 – The EU has issued a recast – the 10th edition – of the SCCS Guidelines on Safety Assessment of Cosmetic Ingredients.